Monday, July 1, 2013

RIF - Reading is F.....

This is hard.

He struggles to sound out the word,
Then blurts out any other word he knows that starts with the same letter,
Throwing his head back on the couch,
With a lion's growl and wrinkle nosed sneer of frustration.

I hold my finger under the word,
Slowly sounding it out myself.
I am trying to be patient, calm and encouraging.
I am mostly succeeding.

I know that once this smart boy

Can master this complex skill

He will be in love.

His already fantastic imagination will be engaged.
He will be transported to far away places!
He will have exciting adventures!
He will shine a flashlight under his covers.
He will spend an extra ten minutes in the bathroom,

Just to read

             one!

                    more!

                           page!

But now,
This is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment