Thursday, April 17, 2014

Another Brilliant Idea Down the Toilet

I do laundry-
Lots of laundry.

Three to four loads of laundry,
At least twice a week-
It's like my hobby.

After a few mishaps with markers and melted crayon,
I took my wife's advice and started checking ALL
(not most)
Of the pants pockets
(front AND back)
Before they got chucked
Into the washing machine.

The things I found
Were fascinating to me.
Discarded bits of my kids' life.

A guitar pick
A piece of string
Half of an eraser
A hand drawn cartoon folded into a rectangle
A ticket

I thought,
If taken in sum,
These biweekly treasures that were important enough to squirrel away in their jeans 
Might paint a picture of who my kids are.

I thought it would be an interesting art project
To photograph these things,
This junk,
This crap.
And make a blog of just the pictures without comment.


I was going to call it www.crapinmykidspants.com
But the URL was already taken
You shouldn't go there
It's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment