Friday, March 22, 2013

I Hate Rice Krispies

Snap
Crackle
Pop

We need to talk

When I was younger
We were friends
I enjoyed how you came together
With your pals marshmallow and butter to
Become awesome treats

Your cousin Fruity Pebbles and I
Were particularly tight

But now that I have kids
I fear our relationship needs to draw to a close

I do not like the way you cannot be contained
Spilling over everything despite the carefulness of the pourer

I do not like your industrial strength velcro stickiness
When combined with milk
You form the superest of glues
Sticking to faces
Countertops
Pajamas
Socks
Only to be found later in bedrooms
On walls
In books
Spreading your seeds far and wide like a virulent plant

I do not like your lack of flavor
Little bits of cardboard
You are a pre-sweetened cereal
Based on a simple carbohydrate
Yet you need tablespoons of sugar to be palatable

We are done

The noise WAS pretty cute, though

No comments:

Post a Comment