Thursday, March 14, 2013

One hundred books

Daddy I want to read books tomorrow
The room is dark
It is bedtime 
She is stalling
This is request 7 of 14
Daddy I want to read 100 books tomorrow
That is 8

I should have used
One of those techniques from the parenting books
Like
Wow one hundred is a lot of books, let's start with five

Or

I could have done the math
even the shortest board book takes two minutes we don't have one hundred board books so at least fifty will be longer books they will probably want me to read the rabbit is next that one alone is ten minutes
carry the two
That's at least three hours of reading

But 

I guess I'm not that kind of guy
Okay, honey tomorrow we can read one hundred books (why not)
Promise made

And 

Hours later
Sore voice
Late naptime
Late bedtime
Promise kept

No comments:

Post a Comment