Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Rules of the Game

Daddy?

I am on all fours
In the grass
Pulling out weeds.
No one likes this.

You are not Daddy anymore you are Papa, okay?

It seems as though
Over the winter
Someone came and sprinkled
Dandelion seeds all over my lawn.

And Sissy isn't sissy anymore, she is Memaw, okay?

They are some kind of
New mutant Dandelion
That is bigger and has a gnarled head
With twice the leaves.

And a bad guy and a bad lady came and stole my mommy and daddy, okay?

These roots
Are bigger around than carrots
And are at least six inches deep.

And tied them up and put them in a house, okay?

I should just spray this whole thing.
Keep all the kids off the lawn for a week,
So they don't get poisoned.

And my name is Lola and I am a princess, okay?  Daddy?

Yes, sweetie?

No, my name is not sweetie.  My name is Lola and I am a princess.

Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment